Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 23, 2008 in the Evening

Good evening all. Christie, Grandpa Paul (my grandfather) and I just got home from seeing Zander. The little guy was doing well and we were thankful to have talked with the Nurse Practitioner on duty, Melissa.
Melissa told us that Zander had a pretty rough go of things earlier in the day (before lunch) when he had 3 pretty hairy episodes. We found out that his oxygen level fell to about 11 out of a possible 100, but they were able to give him oxygen and he recovered. These episodes also occurred at 2:15 p.m. and about 7:30 tonight. They have increased his oxygen intake and he seems to be tolerating it well. Melissa said that he was doing much better than earlier in the day. She also told us that although he appears to be working really hard to breath she said he is not working as hard as others in the same situation that she has seen. He is using muscles that you and I do not use when we breath, but that it is okay.
Zander is resting more now. When we were there to see him, we still could not touch or talk to him, but I broke the rules when he had his eyes open and he looked around at Grandpa Paul, which I am pretty sure my grandfather enjoyed. He does seem to be resting better and he was not startled into an episode when he looked at us while we were there.
He is beautiful and we are so thankful for him. We just pray and hope that he is not in too much pain. Please keep praying that his breathing gets better and that he is not in too much pain. The comments and prayers give us strength each day. Please also pray for a safe trip for Grandpa Paul to Florida as he will be braving the Atlanta traffic.
I will write again tomorrow afternoon after we see Zander (in the afternoon). Christie and I are spending some time together in the morning just the two of us. I apologize in advance to everyone for this delay (Mom), but the next post will be a good one.
Sweet dreams son.......Mommy and Dad
Clancy

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How great that your Grandpa was able to visit with the ZMan. It sounds like you and Christie are taking good care of yourselves and each other--keep it up.
Love,
Aunt Heidi and family

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
I want you to know that I read your updates every day and I pray for you and Zander often. Thank you for the updates.
I would love to help in any way needed. Please let me as well as others know of any need you ever have.
God is in the miracle business!
Love,
Diane Stacy

Anonymous said...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers each day- and I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Thank you for creating the blog Clancy. We love you- Jamie and Dave Brock

Anonymous said...

"But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Isaiah 40:31

Melissa Hodgen said...

It's good to hear that he's doing his best with the situation. It's great that you get to spend some time as a couple because you two are his rock.

Unknown said...

I think it is so wonderful that when Zander begins
to read (probably by age 3 or 4 with his genes), he
will get to read this blog and see just how loved
he is!

In prayer,
Mo

Anonymous said...

"Dear God, we acknowledge that every day is a gift and how we thank You for these gifts You continue to give little Zander! You know his every need and how thankful we are that You are meeting each one!! I specifically pray today that You will help him to breath easier and releave any pain he may be experiencing. I know You are giving the doctors all the knowledge, wisdom, and skill they need to assist in his healing and development and I thank You. Help Christie and Clancy to sense Your closeness to them in continious encouraging ways today, Lord. And please hear all the prayers we do not even know to pray . . . thank You, Holy Spirit, and thank You, Jesus, for Your intercessions before the Father. I pray in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen." Bert

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! I've spent the last hour getting caught up on all I've missed, and now that my tears have subsided enough to see, I can post a comment. He's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You have done a wonderful job dear brother... you and Christy have created one of the most handsome little men in the world. My thoughts and prayers are with you and my little nephew always! Now pardon me while I go tell the world my brother has made me an aunt!!! Love you!!!