Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday, July 27, 2008 in the Evening

Good evening all. I hope that everyone's Sunday has been one of rest and relaxation. We returned to church this morning for the first time post Zander's arrival and Christie and I were overwhelmed with encouragement and uplifting words.
Houston has finally hit his stride when it comes to sleep. As noted yesterday, he returned from Charleston, SC and has slept for most of the day. Before going to the hospital, Jackson drew a picture for Zander of the family.
Christie and I visited Zander twice today. Everything remains about the same. He was a little fussy early in the day, but he is still eating well (15 ml every 3 hours). He is still on sedatives and pain medicine, but the Zman continues to rest well for the most part. His frog blanket (thanks Anna and Abby) continues to be his sleeping companion. His respiration and oxygen remain high, but I still have a hard time watching the little guy hooked to everything he is hooked to. His initial surgical site (on the right side just below the armpit is about healed, but I am sure it will be re-opened with the next surgery.
We have not talked with Dr. Kelley (the surgeon), but know that he or his partner will be looking in on Zander tomorrow. Zander will also have more xrays done tomorrow on his chest to see how everything is coming along. His right lung was a little compressed due to all the activity from surgery, but they say it is getting better. Zander will also have a blood oxygen test performed on Monday, so we are praying that both the xrays and blood tests yield positive results.
I am returning to work tomorrow. I can only imagine at this point what is facing me upon my return. Fortunately, I have been blessed with Susan and everyone at the firm that have gone the extra mile over the past two weeks. They always do and I am sure that I owe them more than these simple words of gratitude on this post.
I will write again tomorrow after seeing Zander. I plan on seeing him at lunch if it is not too crazy around the office. Christie is doing well and we are settling in for the night. We still have not held Zander and we continue to pray that day is soon on the horizon.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the comments, prayers and encouraging words.
Sweet dreams to all and especially to Zander....Mommy and Daddy love you.
Clancy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure the ZMan can feel your loving arms around him just as we can feel God's loving arms around us. Clancy, I hope your return to work is not too crazy tomorrow. All of you continue to get plenty of rest and good food...just like Zander!
Much love,
Aunt Heidi and family

Anonymous said...

We are all holding him and you and yours in our hearts. I believe he can feel us.

Bless you,

Pamela and Tatiana

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you yesterday!! You both look rested and peaceful, which is a good thing. We (Alex and I) are on our way to pray right now. Tell Zander we love him. Especially the picture with Auntie Leslie!! Love you, Robbin and the boys