Sunday, July 20, 2008

Zander, Sunday, July 20, 2008

Well, it has been a great 12 hours with Zander. Christie was able to hold him and change him late last night. What a blessing for her. She was overjoyed to be able to hold him for the first time. She and I have been with him for most of the morning and he has been awake and looking at us.
Christie's sutures have been removed and we are cleared to leave at anytime today. I am trying to negotiate a trade for a permanent room in exchange for legal services so we do not have to leave our precious baby boy, but it does not look like it is going to work. We are going to stay for a few more hours and then try to get home. Grandma Judi (my mom) is in with Zander and she will be returning to Knoxville later today. Grandma Pat is picking the boys up from Mark here in a little while and bringing them to the hospital to see Zander before we all head home.
I WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE THE BLOG EACH DAY (PROBABLY MULTIPLE TIMES EACH DAY) AND I HAVE ADDED A FEATURE AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH POST WHERE YOU CAN EMAIL THE POST TO OTHERS OR YOURSELF.
I will write again from home tonight. Again, many thanks and return blessings to everyone for the prayers, comments and love.
Clancy

3 comments:

Alda said...

Came into the office to check the blog (no computer at the apartment)and I am so happy for you guys. I'm sure Zander will get stronger and stronger each day. Take the time you have at home to rest so you will be ready for this miracle to come home.
Love you,
Alda

Anonymous said...

Clancy and Christie-
Hello! My name is Rachel Smith. I am friends with Stephanie and Lynn. They have been keeping me updated. My husband and I have been praying for you all since before Zander was born. Our God is a God of miracles and we will continue to pray that He will continue to heal your little boy. Zander is a precious little boy.

Melissa Hodgen said...

I hope you have a smooth transition back to home life. He looks like he's getting stronger. There's nothing like holding your baby for the first time. I'm just sorry it took so long to get to that point.