Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday, September 1, 2008 (Labor Day) in the Evening

Hello Everyone. I am now rested and feel rejuvenated after a wonderful weekend. Grandpa Bill came in this weekend and he has since made it back to Florida. Houston and Jackson had a nice weekend with their Dad. The boys and I just returned from doing a little fishing on a nearby pond. We had a great time with some friends of ours Alex, Andy and Todd.
We also went to a cookout this afternoon at Tom and Machelle Hall's. As always, the food was great as was the company. Thanks guys for inviting us.
Zander is doing well. He has been eating and resting all weekend. His weight is down to about 9 pounds 2 ounces, but it appears that all systems are a go for tomorrow's surgery. Dr. Kelley said he would be coming to get him around 12:00 p.m. We are hoping and praying that this surgery significantly reduces the reflux. We are also hopeful that this will be the last surgery that he has to have at least for the foreseeable future.
I am posting several pictures. Please note that the SEC is the dominant conference in the country and none of my family has sent any OSU stuff, so sorry guys there are no pictures of the Zman in the Red and Silver. In any event, Zander told me that he thought that the Crimson Tide might be his favorite team as he like Coach Saban.
We have had a nice relaxing weekend. We are glad that Grandpa Bill was able to come in and see Zander. Tomorrow is a big day, and I do not know about Christie, but I am already nervous about the surgery. However, I know God is in control.
Ethan is going home tomorrow; however, we will keep everyone posted about his progress and recovery. Please keep him and his family in your prayers. Also please pray for the Faires family and the Strength family. Both of these families are friends of ours and they have lost a loved one over the weekend.
I will write again tomorrow from the hospital. Until then, go Vols, sleep tight and may God bless each of you.
Sleep well boys. Rest easy Zman.....move along. We love each of you.
Clancy

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It's "scarlet and gray" my sweet southern nephew.....
We will be praying for all of you tomorrow--the ZMan, the docs and staff, and you and Christie and the boys. Get some rest tonight and try not to worry. It's good to see pictures of Grandpa Bill with the ZMan--we certainly wish we could kiss his sweet little head in person. In the meantime, give him (and Houston and Jackson) a squeeze for us.
Much love,
Aunt Heidi and family

Anonymous said...

I am everyone had a nice long weekend. I will be praying for u tomorrow Zander.
I put one of your picture as my wallpaper on my laptop so everytime I open my computer I see your sweet precious face. Sleep well.
Jill

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow Zman! I know everything is going to go great...God is good! Tomorrow is such a big day for both you and Ethan! After 109 days we are FINALLY going home! We will keep in touch with you guys though. Gonna miss all of ya'll! Take care of "our" nurses Dallas and Alisha. We're praying for you little buddy! Go Dawgs!!!

Anonymous said...

Zander, May the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26.

May the Lord also give mom and dad peace as they wait through another surgery. May He guide the hands of the doctors.

Blessings sweet baby boy,
Amy Dover

Anonymous said...

Zander,
You are warm color palette, as you look wonderful in orange! Take care precious and know we will be praying all day for you!! We love you, Robbin and the boys

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for peace, healing, comfort, and rest for you all today. I'm also praying that the medical professionals treating Zander are guided by God's hands.

It's good to hear that Ethan is going home! Sounds like he's going to be a little bulldog! I like that. Zander does look good in orange, but I think red is a better color for everyone. ;)

God Bless,

Janet Tilley

Anonymous said...

Clancy,
I've printed a couple of 4x6 pics for me and Gerard with the UT shirt, you know Gerard doesn't have anything orange in his office. :)

Pamela

Anonymous said...

Clancy,
I've printed a couple of 4x6 pics for me and Gerard with the UT shirt, you know Gerard doesn't have anything orange in his office. :)

Pamela