Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday, July 25, 2008 in the Early Evening

TGIF everyone. It has been a good day for Zander. Christie and I spent the afternoon with him today and it would be an understatement to say that he is resting much better. He literally is a different baby. Before, he was struggling as if he were having a seizure just to be able to breath. Now, he rests comfortably and only uses the muscles in his chest and abdomen that we use when we breath. It definitely makes you appreciate how much we take breathing for granted.
Dallas, one of his nurses said that he had a great morning and that he was alert at times, but that he was sleeping much deeper. While we were with him, one of the many machines that he is hooked to was removed because his respiration has so greatly improved. We brought his frog blanket to him last night and Dallas indicated that he has been sleeping with it. In fact, as the pictures show above, he clutches to it like Christie and I would like to be clutching to him. At one point this afternoon, Christie and I contemplated picking him up and running, but I told her that my days as a football player were long ago. As such, we decided just to touch and kiss him as much as possible while he slept.
On a positive note, Zander's plumbing below the stomach is working well. While present he made a deposit that I would have had a hard time getting out. They have increased his feeding to 15 ml every 3 hours; however, it appears that he may be going up later tonight.
Although it is difficult to imagine what this sweet boy is going through, Christie and I are grateful for the care he is getting and the fact that he is much more comfortable with the trachea tube.
THANKS TO ALL FOR THE COMMENTS. I CANNOT ADEQUATELY EXPRESS IN WORDS (AND I HAVE A BIG THESAURUS) WHAT THESE MEAN TO US. THE PRAYERS IN THE COMMENTS AND THE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT UPLIFT OUR SPIRITS HOURLY.
I will post again tomorrow afternoon or early evening after we have seen the Zman. In the meantime, I hope that each of you enjoy your Friday evenings.
Sweet dreams and rest easy Zander. We love you.
Clancy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so relieved to hear that the surgery was a success and that Zander is resting better. Today's pictures show such a calm look on his face. Looking forward to many more good reports!
Gina Phillips

Anonymous said...

It was great to hear that the surgery was successful. It's amazing how in the new pics he looks so much more peaceful, despite the tubes and wires. WOW!! God is sooooo good!!! Imagine the stories you will have to tell this little feller' when he is older! He is so loved by so many. And so is the rest of the family!! Let us know if you need anything!!! Love and prayers to you all... Bob, Beth & Braeden

Anonymous said...

Praise God, He looks so peaceful. We are lifting you all up daily and we love you guys.
Diana and Michael

Unknown said...

What wonderful news and the ZMan is looking as beautiful as ever. There's nothing better than watching a baby sleep peacefully.
Love,
Aunt Heidi and family

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! He looks great! We are so encouraged to hear such good news and it is such a relief to see him so peaceful. He is so precious!! We love the updates and appreciate you sharing these days with us. What a testimony of God's sustaining grace. We love you guys!!
The Halls

Anonymous said...

Clancy, Christie and family,
I am so sorry I have not been in touch but have been out of town. You have been in my prayers daily however. I'm so glad to know Zander is breathing easier and I imagine you are too as a result. I know God has special plans for this precious little boy. I would love to bring you a dinner but I'm unsure if you still have folks here helping or not. I will try to find out and be in touch. I know you are overwhelmed right now and I don't want to add to it, but please know you are loved and in my prayers.
Alice Greer

Anonymous said...

We want you to know that we are keeping your precious family in our prayers. The Zman is looking great! God has been so evident in your situation, and I know He won't let you down. Thanks for the updates! We love you all.
The Zieglers

Anonymous said...

Dear Christie,
I wanted to let you know Zander has been in my families thoughts and prayers. I check the blog several times a day. He is so beautiful. I was so glad to see he had a blankie now. Every picture I saw I knew a blanket would make him feel more secure since he couldnt be held. I know he will be home soon in his crib like none of this ever happened. I wish I could see him in person. Relax and take care. God healed my mother from colon cancer so with prayer anything is possible.
Love your cousin,
Gretchen Lindsey
Lind260@charter.net