Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday, July 25, 2008 in the Morning

Good morning all. Zander's surgery went well. It lasted about 45 minutes to 1 hour. He is now on a trach and he is breathing much better. Unfortunately, he will like be on the trach when he comes home, but we are still praying for complete recovery before we bring him home. His stomach has enlarged and he is now on 15 ml of milk every 3 hours. Thank God he is resting better. He seems to be be more comfortable. Thank you to everyone for the prayers to get the Zman through surgery. Dr. Kelley is considering going back in next Wednesday and tightening the traction sutures. I will write later in the day. We are helping Christie move her stuff into the school today. Several of her teacher friends are helping, but I am just the strong back for the morning. I will post again later today with pictures of the little guy. Thanks again for the prayers and comments. They really get us through. See you soon sweet boy.....rest well. Clancy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God that the surgery went well. He is one tough little guy....maybe he'll play for the Buckeyes one day. :-) I look forward to the postings, Clancy--thanks so much from all of us who are far in distance but close in heart.
Love, Aunt Heidi and family

Anonymous said...

Clancy and Christie,
I am still praying for complete healing. God can restore his little body and make him perfect so that he can lead a healthy life. That is what I am believing and praying for.
I pray for strength and an even closer walk with the Lord than you have ever imagined. Through our difficulties, when we rely on the Father and he draws us closer to him.
Blessings,
Diana

Alda said...

It was so great seeing you two yesterday. I had another person call me this morning and tell me that they have sent the blog to their church. Zman has so many people praying for him.
Love you,
Alda

Anonymous said...

I had a meeting at the school I work at and I told the teachers there your story. Many of them called thier churches and added you to the prayer list. My husband and I are still praying for a miracle.
John and Rachel Smith
Lynn and Stef's friends

Anonymous said...

I've been without Internet for a couple of days and haven't been able to keep up with Zander's condition. You-all have quite a roller-coaster ride.

I am praying for you all and the medical personnel that are helping Zander.

My hope is that everyone has a fantastic weekend, and that little Zander gets stronger and stronger. I can't wait until your blog shows you taking him home!

God Bless,
Janet Tilley
Hall & Associates

Anonymous said...

Please call if I can help in any way. My children are in AZ for one more week and I have way too much time on my hands.
Debbie W.

Anonymous said...

Clancy and Christie, thank you so much for all of your updates. All of us here at the C & M's office
have all of you in our prayers every day. He's so beautiful. Grandma Gene said he is much better today. Hooray!

Annie, Virginia, Janie

Anonymous said...

Clancy
This is Alda's sister. I have been keeping up on Zman's progress and sending prayers from the cruise ship in Greece. God bless to you all
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Surely a young man this tough will play for the Vols or the Memphis State Tigers! Clancy, I don't know where to begin and I know my words would be inadequate were I to go into detail about what I have thought and felt while reviewing this blog. So, I will not. You sound good and strong -- much needed. Many prayers and a whole lotta love to the Coverts from the Johnsons! Ain't God good!