Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday, September 28, 2008 in the Afternoon

Hello Everyone! I have been watching football all weekend with my Dad. Man, I did not know that it takes so much out of you. That is why most of the pictures are of me sleeping. Sorry to hear about the Gators, the Bulldogs and the Vols. My dad is trying to get me to pull for the Auburn tigers or the Alabama Crimson Tide. I have not decided which one I will go with I guess it depends on which one sends me the most formula and diapers. I am holding out for the best offer.
On Friday, I went to the hospital for a 30 minute procedure, but they kept me there for 24 hours. Apparently, the doctor that gives me the medicine to make me go to sleep for surgery said that since I was on an apnea monitor, I had to be admitted for observation. My procedure went well and I have been home since Saturday morning.
Mommy, Daddy and I just got back from a walk around the neighborhood. I like being outside and seeing all the interesting things around the house. My brothers should be home soon, so I am going to take a nap and get rested for them. I heard my brother Jackson played a really good soccer game yesterday. He may have to teach me how to play when I get older.
I have more doctors appointments later this week. I will write again before then, but please say hello to everyone and keep writing to me. I do not have an email account yet, but I think my dad might get me a cell phone soon (just kidding).
Thanks for praying for me and my family. They are doing a good job taking care of me as are my nurses. Please send me a line and thanks for the comments and encouraging words. Please also pray for Ethan and my Dad's friend Raymond and he is starting Chemo or Radiation treatment this week.
I will keep moving along. Tell my brothers that I love them. I will say my prayers.
Love,
Zander (Typist, Clancy)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Dear Lord, we continue to thank You for Your wonderful healing love for little Zander and his family. We are excited to see the plans You have for him to unfold year by year! I pray even now that Zander will invite You, Jesus, into his heart when the time is right and that he will devote his life to You.
Now, Father, we pray not only for Your continued healing and protection upon Zander, but we also pray that the nurses who attend him will be completely alert and completely competent for whatever may arise. Bless Christy and Clancy and give them rest and strength. May You receive constant glory and honor for all You are and all You have done and all You continue to do! Amen." Bro Bert and Peggy

Anonymous said...

U look good Zander and I am glad that everything went good at the hospital.
Clancy and Christie although we don't see each other that much just know ya'll r in my thoughts and prayers. I don't think a day goes by i don't talk about ya'll and Zander. Zander is my wallpaper on my school computer so everyone that comes into my classroom knows about Zman.
Much love
Jill

Anonymous said...

Lookin Good Zman....I get to see you tomorrow...Im soooo excited.Tell your brothers I hope to see them too.Glad things went well Friday at the Dr. I think they kept you so they could see ya...I bet they miss you. Well until tomorrow...

Love you,
Christy

Unknown said...

Dear Zanderman,
I feel as if you're going to be a Tennessee Vol
fan. It seems that you AND the Vol offense slept
through yesterday's game.
So glad you had a restful weekend. Can't wait
to meet you in person!

Take care,
Mo

Dave said...

Zman,

Looks like all is well on the Mountain. Your looking good. Keep that Dad of yours in line if you can. You are all still in my prayers. Tell you Dad I will be checking in on His Old Friend when he comes in for Chemo at my hospital. God Bless,

Dave Mullis

Anonymous said...

Hey Zander,
Just wanted to remind you that you are in our prayers. I'm glad everything went well at the hospital and that you're back home. I'd like to come see you again in the next few days, so I'll give your mom a call. And, for what it's worth, I'll bet your dad would give you just about anything - even a cell phone! We all love you very much!
Mrs. Karen

P.S. You're a Vol, dude. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Unknown said...

Little ZMan-
I know that you don't get many of the Big Ten's games on TV down there south of the Mason Dixon line but keep a place in your heart for the Buckeyes. They are a bit up and down and have added some gray hairs (yes, I'm blaming them) to my head in the past few years but they are a fun team to watch and they always seem to be able to bring it home when it counts. Your Uncle Colley has always been a fan and remember that your dad spent some good time with Grandpa Jim in the Buckeye state. So don your scarlet and gray and cheer proudly....OH, IO!!!
With love from your crazy aunt in Ohio,
Aunt Heidi

Anonymous said...

Zander,

Milk the sports scouts for all you can. Your dad will make sure you have a tight contract, I'm sure. Pay attention to what your big brothers teach you in sports. It will pay off. I'm glad you are enjoying the outdoors. There's always something new and interesting to see when you're outside. No matter how old you get, it never gets old! I'm continuing to pray for you and your family, your friend Ethan and his family, and your dad's friend. I'm also saying a prayer of thanks that you are home and that you are getting stronger every day! Just a little food for thought, I'm looking at an enV2. Make sure you get a cell with an unlimited text plan. I hear that's the thing with the younger set these days. Just be careful about the C-word. Carpal tunnel can put you out of business!

God Bless,

Janet Tilley

P.S. Don't listen to Dave, though he has my utmost respect. In his heart he knows the truth. Go Dawgs!

Anonymous said...

Zander,
I am so glad you are moving along! Isn't the weather wonderful? I hope you have been able to go on more walks this week. I would like to bring your family some meals this week....and get a look at you in person!

You are loved,

Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey Zander,

I am so glad you are home and moving along!! It is a beautiful world, isn't it? I am glad that your mama and daddy and brothers take you for walks. There is so much to see in God's creation!! You are so cute and growing so fast! WOW!! I need you to do me a favor, please. Tell your daddy that we are anxiously awaiting his next post. I have gone too long without my "Zander fix". If he is too busy to transcribe for you, I understand. Maybe you can nudge him along for us, though!!

Keep moving along Zman!!

Love,

Susan Farr