Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday, September 11, 2008 in the Evening

Now you see me, now you don't...but guess what you will be seeing more of me soon when I go home. Today my Mommy and Daddy tentatively found out that they will be staying with me at the hospital next Friday and possibly Saturday night. If they behave, they will likely let me go home next weekend. Thanks goodness! Everyone has been telling me about this home thing, but I am not quite sure it exists. Likewise, me and the boys here in Pod 4 have overheard that there are these pools of water in homes that they put us in to get us clean, but we are not quite sure they exist either. If true, hopefully I will continue to get my sponge baths by pretty women.
In all seriousness, I am looking at coming home next week. I have an MRI on Friday morning (tomorrow) and they are also running a cranial ultrasound on me as well to see how my brain is doing. The big factor for me coming home is still my ability to eat my food. At this point Dr. Kelley has not increased my food, but hopefully he will do so tomorrow or Saturday. I asked him if he had a take out menu, but he did not think that I was quite ready for Krystals or Taco Bell.
My Grandma Judi came to see me today from Knoxville and she and I hung out for a while. She held me and talked to me, I think, but I am not for sure because I was asleep most of the time. My team of nurses, doctors and case workers are in the process of getting my supplies, machines and other things ordered.
Mommy and Daddy came to see me this afternoon and mommy changed my trach and held me while Daddy talked to me.
I know a lot of people have been looking in on me and I am thankful that they do. I am also thankful that they have given my parents encouragements while I have been here. Feel free to continue to write to me or leave a comment as Daddy told me that he is saving all of them for me so I can read them when I get home to pass the time.
It is late for me and I should be getting to bed. Ms. Amy, my nurse is feeding me soon, so I am going to go pitch a fit to see if she will feed me sooner. I plan to rest for most of the night and I keep moving along. Please say a prayer for my parents as they are excited about getting me home. I can see why they feel that I have been here long enough, but I have been in good hands and God keeps watching over me.
I will write again soon, but for now, I will keep moving along. Tell my big brothers I love them and I cannot wait to get home to see them. I heard they had a good day at school.
Love to everyone.
Dictated by Zander and transcribed by Clancy

15 comments:

Unknown said...

OK brother...I know you are tired when you post the date as "August" 11th. Maybe you were thinking about that date since it's your mom's birthday and she was there today or maybe you are truly (and understandably) brain dead. At any rate.....excellent news for your entire family about little ZMan heading home. He continues to look as sweet as ever.
Love,
Aunt Heidi and family

Anonymous said...

Zander,

What great news!!!! I know your parents and brothers cannot wait to get you home :) Hey, those pools of water you have heard about really exist and you will absolutely love getting a bath at home by your pretty mama!! My prayers tonight are for good MRI and ultrasound reports for you. Chow down big guy and rest well tonight.

Love,

Susan Farr

Erin said...

Clancy,
My wife, who is a court reporter with Hall & Associates, just shared your blog with me and it touched me deeply. Our church is small, but strong in faith! Rest assured that Zander will be placed on our prayer list and lifted up daily. Keep strong in your faith, as you and your family are a true testiment to the loving grace that can only come from God. As a father of two, my heart goes out to you and your family.
Paul & Erin Flatt

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!! What exciting news!! We can't wait for you to get home with your family. So many people love you already and are praying for you and your mom and dad!!
hugs and kisses
the halls

Anonymous said...

What great news!! Zander, your mom and dad have worked hard getting your room all ready for you! You will love going outside and seeing all kinds of new and exciting things that God has made.
xoxoxo
Gina Phillips

Alda said...

Hooray!!!! The Zman is going home! I know you are going to love being at home with that crazy daddy of yours. I will keep your mommy in my prayers always since she will be surrounded by all you boys (it will be like living in a faternity house) but I know she loves it. Keep eating and growing and doing great things so your daddy can write and tell all of that love you

Dave said...

Yeah!! Such Great News!! I know all of you at home together is the best medicine!! God is so Good!!

Will keep praying for the entire family. Can't wait to meet the Zman in person in the comming months when he has recouperated.
Wouldn't mind seeing his old Dad either. Take Care Brother.

Dave Mullis

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Big Z!! Way to hang in there. Now you just have to make sure that Mom and Dad behave next week so that you can check out that big pool of water. But don't let them put the dog in there with you just yet ... wait a little while on that one!! I am so excited and thankful that you are doing so well and that God is still in the business of answering prayers!! Hope to see you soon Z man!!
Hugs and Kisses,
Beth (& Bob & Braeden too)

Anonymous said...

Hey Z-Man
I know your Mommy,Daddy and your big brothers are so excited to hear you will be coming home!!! I can't wait till you come home where i can come see you more because you being at the hospital is a little hard for me to get there. Im so proud of you for being so strong. Tell mommy, daddy and your big brothers I said hey!!

I Love You All,
Jessie Paige

Unknown said...

Zander,
This was the BEST BLOG YET!!!
You are gonna love being up on that
mountain. Please tell your mom and
dad that we are all just thrilled
about today's news.
Keep on truckin'(sorry...old expression...I was a teenager
in the 70's.)
Love,
Mo

Anonymous said...

Zander, you're going to love it at home. There is a pool of warm water! It's real! And there's also a big rectangular box that's filled with good stuff to eat. You'll love that while you're young, then you'll fight the urge to open it when you're 40. Don't worry about that. Life is good and we are blessed to have full fridges! Mommy and Daddy will be able to check in on you anytime at all, and your brothers will be there to play with you. Home is a great thing, and I know you are going to the best one there is. You are loved so much, and you have brought so many blessings to so many who haven't even gotten to meet you yet.

God Bless,

Janet Tilley

Anonymous said...

WAH HOO!!!!!!! That is the best news yet. We praise you Lord God Almighty!!!! I cant wait to hold you, smooch on you...ok just to see again is going to be great..I cant wait to say Welcome home Zander, Welcome home(barrowed that from Ty Penington)Your mom and dad are so ready. And your brothers are ready to teach you the ropes...

Love you baby boy,
Aunt Christy

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news!! Keeping you in our prayers.
Love,
the Zieglers

Anonymous said...

WE ARE SO PLEASED FOR YOU! How exciting it must be for all of you to finally be able to talk about going HOME! Zander, you will just love it. All of you are in our prayers each and every day and know that God has great things in store for you.
Annie, Virginia and Janie

Anonymous said...

WE ARE SO PLEASED FOR YOU! How exciting it must be for all of you to finally be able to talk about going HOME! Zander, you will just love it. All of you are in our prayers each and every day and know that God has great things in store for you.
Annie, Virginia and Janie