Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 in the Morning

Good Morning all. Sorry I did not write last night, but Dad and Mom came to see me yesterday afternoon before they had meeting and as I understand it, Dad was not able to transcribe my message until this morning. In any event I hope all is well with everyone.
I keep having a lot of visitors at this point. Both hospital staff and family have been by over the past few days. I guess they are checking on my paperwork and I know Mom and Dad have to take several training classes to learn about how I am going to act and what to expect of me when I am finally released.
Grandma Pat and I hung out for most of the afternoon yesterday. Although I was a little fussy to begin with, I liked being held by Grandma Pat. My nurse Dallas is leaving to go on vacation and I hope she has a nice time. I will not get to see her when I leave, but she has taken really good care of me since I have been here. I do not know how I can ever repay her for putting up with me and my parents. All my other nurses are still taking good care of me and I am eagerly awaiting my trip home.
Thanks to everyone for the comments, prayers and encouraging words for me and my family. We hope that my buddy Ethan is doing well and we continue to pray for him and his family.
I will write again soon, but I have to go for now. I will keep moving along and tell my brothers and family that I love them and will see them soon.
Zander (transcribed by Clancy)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zander,

Good luck on the outside! I think the transition will go very well. Go easy on your daddy with regard to his transcription time. Overnight turnaround is really good, especially considering he doesn't do it all the time.

I hope you enjoy Monday night football. However, if you find it lacking, there's always NASCAR on Sundays. The wrecks can be spectacular! It's true, Z, you don't have to be a redneck to like NASCAR. It helps at Talladega, but that's another story.

God Bless,

Janet Tilley

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
I'm so excited that Zander will get to come home soon. He is SO CUTE! Please let us know what you need from us, your willing friends.
Love ya,
Diane Stacy

Anonymous said...

Christie,
Your baby is beautiful! It has been great to be able to watch his progress daily. It was good to see your Mom today holding the baby. You have been in our thoughts and prayers. I know from experience, that God is still in the miracle business.
Love from your aunt Carolyn.
Have your Mom send her e-mail address.
catpiano@charter.net

Anonymous said...

Zander!
I'm so excited that you will finally be free to smell the fresh outdoor air, free to wake your mom and dad up from a deep sleep, free to pester your big brothers....all the things that little boys should do!

You are loved,

Julie Davis

Anonymous said...

Zander you look sooo cute! You look so happy in your Grandma Pat's arms.. I have to tell ya she a pretty good Grandma buddy..You are blessed with a wonderful family buddy. But you do have a couple of crazy girl cousins(Adie is still to little to be crazy) lol
Cant wait till you go home. Well hang tight..

Ilove you,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Hey little man! So glad to hear you are coming home! That's wonderful news. Ethan is doing great! We are leaving the 5th for Ohio to have a consult for a possible transplant. We are coming to TCTCH tomorrow for a doc appt. We are gonna come by the NICU to visit. Its to bad we can't come in to visit. Maybe when you get home and get settled we can plan a play date for you guys. Keep up the good work! Miss you!