Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday, August 16, 2008 in the Evening

Hello all. sorry for the delay in writing. Christie and I have had a relaxing Saturday and yesterday was very hectic. Sorry I did not post sooner, but Christie and I spent most of the afternoon with Zander today and we and he enjoyed the visit.
Zander has moved up. They now have put him in a crib that is much bigger than his first bed. He is now "King of the Pod"...as if he was not already. George Jefferson would be proud as he has definitely moved up. He was awake most of the afternoon. He is still receiving 45 ml every 3 hours. He does have reflux, but the new bed tilts more than his first bed so hopefully this will help with the reflux. Christie read books to him this afternoon and Grandma Judi came down this morning and visited with him for a few hours.
It appears that on Monday, Dr. Kelley will place a dye into the esophagus to see how the connection (surgical site is doing). Zander does not have an infection at this point although that was being checked a few days ago. He is still receiving Zantac and pain meds as well as the medicine for his minor jaundice.
We will see him again tomorrow and we are glad that we saw him with his eyes open for so long today. It is amazing what you focus on as parent...the little things. We hope and pray that everything continues to go smoothly through Monday's test. We also continue to pray for Ethan and his family. Thanks to everyone for everything, especially the prayers and comments. Aunt Heidi, hug the kids, and the next time you are this close to TN for vacation, you better stop in.
I will write again tomorrow and again, sorry for the delay in posting.
Sweet dreams Zander. Mommy and I love and pray that you will be home soon.
Clancy

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, We are sooooo happy to see that everything is going so well with you Zander. Heidi, my sentiments exactly as Clancy. North Carolina is close too. We do understand that you need a vacation but, all of us would like to see you sometime. Zander, I have to say one thing about your daddy. He is a brilliant man and very dedicated to his family and career. How smart of him to think to set up this fantastic blog for all of us to see and pray for you! If you all ever get to North Carolina, I hope you will look me up. Still praying and know that good things are in store for Zander
and Ethan, and all of you too. Love you all, your cousin Cele and family

Anonymous said...

God continues to show off with this precious child, no infection, Praise God!

These are some of the best pictures yet. He looks so alert! Such progress!

Continuing to lift Zander and you all in prayer.

Blessings,
Amy Dover

Unknown said...

What wonderful pictures--which we can now see full screen as we have internet access at the Hampton Inn in Wytheville! He is quite the bright-eyed boy. And don't worry, my dear nephew, I most defintely checked the map to see where Chattanooga was in relation to our travels...if we had gone to our usual spot in SC, we would have definitely stopped. It is so good to hear of the ZMan's progress.
Much love,
Aunt Heidi and family

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Zander,
Glad to hear that your family got to spent some time with and that mommy read u a story. I pray that your little buddy Ethan is doing holding strong.
Enjoy your Sunday my little king.
Much love
Jill

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys
It was so good seeing you all Saturday. Zander you are such a strong little boy. Thanks again Aunt Christie and Clancy for letting mom and I come see him! He is such a beautiful little man. Houston and Jackson i miss you guys and im glad your enjoying school.
I love you all!!
Hugs and Kisses,
Jessie Paige

Dave said...

What an awesome picture of you and the Zman, Clancy. I think he looks just like you.

There is No Doubt that God has big plans for him. What a Wonderful God we serve.

We continue to pray for Zander and your family. You have a beautiful family my brother. God Bless.

Dave Mullis

Anonymous said...

clancy and christy..what a blessing that precios zander is to to your family. he is such the trooper that you shall all be proud to share. thank the good lord for all of your blessings. i cant wait to see him go home with his family.. it wont be long now!!
with much love, cathy p

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful little man I finally got to see yesterday. Thanks again for letting me come down to see him. Those eyes those beautiful eyes sorry Clancy but those are Christie's droopy eyes.I just wanted to hold him and kiss him. But that day will come soon. I looked at him and touched him and thought to myself, I am actually seeing and touching one of Gods awesome little miricles.Gave me cold chills you know the kind God gives you as if to say "Yes I did this and Im in total control" Thanks again you two.
I love you,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the time you spend keeping us "updated". Each picture that I see is a reminder, "what an awsome God we serve". Zander will always be the son of The King, only God knows what a great future is in store for this precious little one! We look forward to the day that he will be home with you all...What a blessed day that will be. We continue to pray for each of you. Love & Prayers, Raymond & Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the time you spend keeping us "updated". Each picture that I see is a reminder, "what an awsome God we serve". Zander will always be the son of The King, only God knows what a great future is in store for this precious little one! We look forward to the day that he will be home with you all...What a blessed day that will be. We continue to pray for each of you. Love & Prayers, Raymond & Phyllis

Anonymous said...

I love seeing Zander's pretty eyes! It's fun to compare the pictures and see how much he's grown.

The blog has spoiled me. I'll be wanting to see the boys on the first days of school, high school proms, college graduations, et cetera.

I'm still praying for Zander to get to come home soon so he can play with his brothers, and I'm praying for Ethan and his family too.

God Bless,

Janet Tilley
Hall & Associates